- Are you an arts organisation with a project to deliver, but limited staff capacity?
- Do you have a project idea in need of research or creative development?
- Do you need to find a suitable partner organisation to collaborate on your new project?
Ask Julian Knight for a FREE consultation to find the right solution for your project or organisation.
Julian Knight has more than 10 years experience in arts project management. In addition to current freelance projects (see below) he has set up a new charity, Creative Futures (UK) to support education and local communities through the arts. His previous experience running a London orchestra includes responsibility for devising, funding, and delivering numerous projects involving music, often in partnership with organisations from other art forms.
With a flair and imagination for creating new projects with an educational or social impact, and a wide contact-base of individuals and organisations he has worked with, Julian offers a full and professional project management service for short- and long-term projects, and from inception to evaluation and reporting.
Julian Knight offers:
- Consultancy to arts, educational, or community organisations on project planning, devising, partnerships, delivery and funding
- Top-level management of projects, overseeing a delivery team, reporting and financial management
- Mid-level management of projects, coordinating delivery of all aspects of a project, including final performance if applicable
- Creative expertise for devising new projects to fit given criteria
- A broad contact base of musicians, and artists from a wide variety of other art-forms, to draw on for project delivery
- Experience of building successful partnerships between arts organisations
- Successful track record of sourcing and delivering funding for a range of project types
- Evaluation and Monitoring, and writing end-of-project report
Selected Current Projects
New London Orchestra: Devising and Management of a 3-year 'Literacy through Music' workshop and INSET programme in Newham primary schools, with evaluation by the Institute of Education. The project seeks to enhance literacy skills in Primary pupils through simple music-based teaching methods.
Westminster Music Service: co-ordinating a partnership programme with the Royal Academy of Music and Royal College of Music, giving conservatoire students the opportunity to trial working in schools alongside music tutors.
See Recent Projects page for further examples of Julian's past work